Planescape Torment: l'angolo delle cit.

« Older   Newer »

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Ok, apro un topic perchè PS:T è un gioco talmente figo che un dialogo su tre merita di essere citato. Quando poi si può vantare della presenza di un personaggio come Morte... bhe, ogni frase è una perla!
    Siccome ho ricominciato oggi il gioco ho deciso di aggiornare il topic di volta in volta con citazioni delle migliori frasi che incontro (Non preoccupatevi, sto attento a non lasciare spoiler). Se avete qualche citazione di Torment postatela pure in questa discussione!

Inauguro con questa:

Approaching a skeleton – number "748," according to the number chiseled above its brow.

Morte: "Hmmmm. Wonder if this graybeard would mind if I borrowed his body…"

Nameless One: "Graybeard?"

Morte: "Graybeard… you know, geezer, old feller, yellow dog… old."

Nameless One: "Well, I don't think he's in any position to object. Why not take his body?"

Morte: "Nah… I'd need a fresher one than this. And something with a little more dignity… this one's all creaky and fractured."

Nameless One: "And you're not?"

Morte: "Oh, you're a sackfull of laughs." Morte glared at Him. "Besides, YOU'RE one to talk, berk. Mirrors beg for mercy when you're around."

Nameless One: "Oh, yeah? At least I have all my parts"

Morte snorts

Nameless One: "Let me tell you, Morte, there is nothing more satisfying than walking around, swinging your arms, breathing crisp air through the lungs. It's GREAT to have a body!"

Morte: "I'll have you know that helping you escape has now been added to my growing list of regrets. I should have let you rot... some more, that is."

Later on, approaching a gigantic skeleton.

Nameless One: "Hey, how about this skeleton, Morte? Will it do as a body?"

Morte grinned.

Nameless One: "Uh, is that a yes, or…?"

"Oh… sorry." Morte floated up to the head of the skeleton, stared at it, then floated back down, studying the armor and the blade as he descended. "Oh, yes. Yes, yes, I think this'll do."

Nameless One: "I don't know. This thing looks like more than you can handle."

Morte:"Then what in Baator did you ask me if I wanted it for, then? Practicing your cruelty skills? And after all I've done for you…"

Nameless One: "I was thinking of your safety, Morte. I'm worried attaching your head to this thing would hurt you somehow."

Morte: "What, did we get MARRIED at some point? What's all this 'I don't want you to get hurt' wash? If you REALLY cared, you'd find a way to get my head on that giant skeleton's body."

Edited by Th0reK - 27/2/2012, 18:59

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Man: Oh, look! A floating skull!
    Morte: Oh, look! A talking turd!

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Ulthera to Nameless One: Yer name not be lost, but given up freely... nameless ye are and nameless ye shall stay. A choice ye made...

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nameless One - "What do you print?"

Scofflaw Penn - "Books. Pamphlets. Handbills. Words. Letters. Whatever." He amends, 'Though I don't do racy prints, and I won't fulfill any perversions you might want, nor do I are to ask."

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nameless One: "Greetings..."

The man's eyes pass over you, gleaming as they fix on Morte. 'Oh, I say! Would you look at that! A floating skull!"

Morte turns and looks behind him. 'Where?! Where?!"
    [...]
    The man turns back to Morte. "But behold! A skull, buoyant, levitating off the ground, cognitive of its environment, and possessing hearing, speaking and seeing capabilities."
    He turns to you, as if you are suddenly a confidant. 'This is truly one of the reasons that the Planes shall never become dull to me, sir - just when you think you have seen everything, the Planes show you yet another corner to peer around, and..." He raises his hands gloriously. "..suddenly whole new, wondrous vistas are open to you."

Nameless One: 'I'm not sure if Morte qualifies as a 'wondrous vista!"

The man ignores you, looking to Morte instead. 'I say, skull..." he begins.

Morte gasps. "Look, behind you - another floating skull?'

The man seems to have forgotten you entirely, instead turning in shock to look for this 'other' floating skull. 'No! Where? Where!"

Morte - 'Right where I'm pointing' There!"

Man - 'Where? I cannot see it!"

Morte speaks with mock exasperation: "You just missed it! A whole `parades of them! Probably never happen again in a million revolutions of the Great Ring!"

The man turns and harumphs. 'I sense you also possess a peculiar degree of mockery."

Morte bobs slightly, as if shrugging. 'I prefer to refer to it as keen insights into human nature."

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Examine the Modron Cube.
    This small metal toy is a replica of a cube-like creature with huge eyes on one of its faces. The toy has two legs, two arms, two folding wings, and at least eighteen points of articulation. Maybe it's a collector's item.

Move the arms and make sword-fighting noises.
    The toy *clicks* and *whirrs* as you move its clockwork joints. Within moments, the tiny cube has vanquished every imaginary opponent you have sent against it, and settled back to its normal position.

Wave its arms and make cheering noises.
    Hordes of imaginary creatures cheer the cube's victory. You can almost see a tiny oily tear brimming on one of its eyes... it is a hero, the greatest cube ever to roam the Planes, and everyone loves it.
    Put the cube away for future battles against the multiverse.

[After playing with the Modron Cube toy.]

Morte stares at you and shakes his head.

The Nameless One: "What's that, cube hero? 'Morte's a stupid skull?' Why, yes he is, isn't he, cube hero?"

Morte: "Hey! It didn't say that!"

The Nameless One: "Yes, it did! It said it just now!"

Morte: "Wh --?! Gimme that thing!"

The Nameless One: "No, it's mine. He only wants to hang out with me anyway. Don't you, cube hero? Yes, you do!"

Morte: "I. Just. Want. To. Hold. It. For. A. Second."

The Nameless One: "But you don't have any hands."

Morte: "I'll hold it in my TEETH."

The Nameless One: "No, I think I'll just put it away for now."

Morte: "I'm gonna smash that modron cube to bits."

The Nameless One: "Did you hear anything, cube hero? Neither did I!"

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nameless One - Who are you?"

Woman - She smiles and curtseys, but offers no response.

Nameless One - 'Can you speak?"

Woman - She shakes her head and smiles sadly at you.

Morte - "I love this chit already!"

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nameless One - 'Why are you called 'the Onyx?"

Salabesh the Onyx
    - "A long tale, which I'll shorten to save my breath. In my youth, I was once Galled Salabesh the Golden, for I was said to have a heart of gold... small, hard and yellow. Well, I cursed the fool who started that so that he could only speak from his arse and defecate through his mouth. The 'Onyx' appellation - along the same lines as 'the Golden; though admittedly somewhat less clever - soon followed. In any ose, Iìm a much kinder fellow now... far less prone to laying curses and the like. I'm not certain if I deserve the name any longer."

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Morte's tale.

"An elderly man was sitting alone on a dark path, right? He wasn't certain of which direction to go, and he'd forgotten both where he was traveling to and who he was. He'd sat down for a moment to rest his weary legs, and suddenly looked up to see an elderly woman before him. She grinned toothlessly and with a cackle, spoke: 'Now your *third* wish. What will it be?'"
    "'Third wish?' The man was baffled. 'How can it be a third wish if I haven't had a first and second wish?'"
    "'You've had two wishes already,' the hag said, 'but your second wish was for me to return everything to the way it was before you had made your first wish. That's why you remember nothing; because everything is the way it was before you made any wishes.' She cackled at the poor berk. 'So it is that you have one wish left.'"
    "'All right,' said the man, "I don't believe this, but there's no harm in wishing. I wish to know who I am.'"
    "'Funny,' said the old woman as she granted his wish and disappeared forever. 'That was your first wish.'"

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Morte - So you think about this, and you think about that... and the most important piece of wisdom I've learned over the past hundred or so years is this: There's a LOT more obscene gestures you can make with your eyes and your jaw than most people think.

Jarl

Group
    Moderatore

Status
    Nameless One - "You don't think I can succeed, do you?"

Morte - 'No..." Morte shakes his head. 'It's not that, chief. Because it's not always who's smartest, or who's the most powerful, or who's the toughest... sometimes it comes down to who you are and what you really want.

10 replies since 27/2/2012, 18:14   389 views